Today Microsoft announced the availability of the second Windows Embedded Standard 8 community technology preview (CTP) at Computex.
Windows Embedded Standard 8 is a flexible OS that provides the capabilities of Windows 8 with additional features, to support embedded device requirements:
- Compliance, security & lockdown features
- Custom branding
- Management and servicing of the OS and applications
The CTP 2 release delivers performance improvements and new capabilities for OEM partners to evaluate for future devices:
- Increased functionality in lockdown features (support for touch screen keyboards to the Keyboard Filter and a Gesture Filter to control touch based input)
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 and Forefront support for WES8 devices
- Branding: device makers can now hide the startup logo, the progress indicator and the user tile during device startup and logon
- Support for 7 additional languages
CTP2 can be downloaded here.